Terry & Sandy Stimson are long time Alaskans with experience living in different areas of Alaska. They are both retired educators, with many years of active involvement in the community. Terry is a former Alaska State Senator and Sandra is a former docent of the Anchorage Museum of History and Art.
Their son Scott (Me!) has been involved with the bed and breakfast over 15 years. He is married, has two daughters, and has an IT consulting business in Latin America. Though he winters in Mexico, he and his family return to Alaska every summer so he can help his parents with the daily operations.
Our bed and breakfast is a seasonal business open only between the months of May and September. Outside of our operating season we all have other careers and hobbies. We will contact you as quickly as we can.
We are located at:
- No minimum stay required
- Smoking is allowed in limited areas (outside only)
- We cannot accommodate guest pets
- Children are welcome (well behaved children welcomed)
- No childcare is provided
- We ask that alcohol not be consumed at the B&B
- Deposit: Walkabout requires a deposit of the first night or half of the final rate for the total booking if it’s a two or more night reservation.
- Open: May 15 to September 15.
- Check in: 4:00 PM and Check out: 11:00 AM.
- Cancellations: A refund, minus $25.00, will be given if the cancellation is made up to 14 days prior to arrival date. Cancellations made within 14 days prior to arrival date, or “no shows” will forfeit the deposit.
- We Are a Member of:
- Alaska Travel Industry Association
- Anchorage Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Anchorage Bed and Breakfast Association
- Alaska Bed and Breakfast Association